Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REQUIEM FOR RESISTANCE

:: Bands :: Rock

Go down

REQUIEM FOR RESISTANCE Empty REQUIEM FOR RESISTANCE

Post  RequiemForResistance Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:36 am

Requiem For Resistance was nothing but a future dream for Faraz & Kieran. But behind that vision for the future was drive & determination to meet local musicians with the same mind state even if they weren't sure they would.

Writing their songs together, they felt it was about time they heard their creations come to life in a full band scenario so they advertised for a vocalist, a second guitarist & a drummer to complete the 5 piece they wanted.

The 2 auditioned many vocalists, and after giving out many polite rejections, they came across Roland. He didn't know what to expect from the duo, and didn't take it very seriously.. in fact.. He probably put more consideration into what was for lunch that day.

One morning Roland had a revelation.. He thought to himself whilst on his lunch break at work, a Nissan vehicle dealership.. 'wait.. I really dont wanna do this for the rest of my life, why is it that i'm never truly happy.. it's because i'm simply not living the dream I want to live...so u know what.. F**K THIS!'.. and so shortly before he quit, he began to write a song for the audition for RFR, entitled "Jaded Mind". A song about new beginnings & making a big change.

Audition day came, & as he sat in his car & smashed back his bottle of bourbon Roland felt pumped to show Faraz & Kieran what he'd written, as well as the vocal melody he'd created for the track ("Jaded Mind").

The 2 instrumentalists (Faraz & Keiran) figured that Roland would stick to the basic layout they provided him for the track but were surprised as their intoxicated future vocalist sat down (swaying) & began doing his own thing & singing during the intro, where the vocals were originally non-existent. Faraz liked Roland's alteration & in no time the 2 piece had become a 3 piece.
The emotional "Jaded Mind" had proven itself as a worthy piece of music for the band.

As time went on, we practiced & practiced & recorded tracks all in hopes of being confident to get some future gigging underway. Faraz decided it was time for another guitarist to pick up some melodic 'nu-metal' harmony riffs.
Long story short; that guitarist was Daniel, who unfortunately had to leave the band due to his dedication to other areas of his life. His contribution to the band however, won't be forgotten.

Shortly after Daniel joined the trio for a short amount of time, the astonishing Jesse Stark offered his services as a drummer! Guitarist Faraz & bassist Keiran were atoked, and quite impressed with Jesse's skill level especially for his age, so they contacted their front-man Roland and made him aware of the news. Roland was skeptic because Jesse was much younger than himself..
But when he heard Jesse's skills-on-the-skins firsthand, he no longer had any doubts about the band. Jesse Stark was the missing link!
Since then, we've performed at The Swan, Rosemount & The Railway Hotel.
We will keep you posted of our upcoming gigs.

There's always that long road ahead that everybody talks about..
but you know what?.. in classic punk fashion, we plan to stray from it,
we'll pave our own road instead of following the pre-paved path,
because we are..
Yours truly...

Requiem For Resistance.... and we've become a family.
(BIIIIAATCH!)
Wink

Peace.
We hope to have the opportunity to entertain you if ya'llll come to our gigs.
Much love.

- Roland Balázs (Front-man)

- Faraz Raymond (lead guitarist)

- Jesse Stark (Drummer)

- Kieren Coles (Bassist)

RequiemForResistance

Back to top Go down

:: Bands :: Rock

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum